Miss Orton’s Classical School for Girls opened in 1890 in Pasadena. The school, which operated until 1930, was one of the earliest and most prestigious private academies in Pasadena dedicated to preparing young women for entrance into East Coast colleges. The school dormitory (1900, Frederick Louis Roehrig) is the oldest extant educational building in the City of Pasadena. HRG prepared a historic rehabilitation tax credit application to assist with the adaptive reuse of the building into transitional housing in the mid-1990s. Now called Euclid Villa, the facility provides 14 private apartments for families with children transitioning out of homelessness.